My latest drawing is for my daughter who LOVES to bake and is addicted to the show Cupcake Wars. :)
He is in a nursing home.
He is only 64.
This breaks my heart because he is DAD to me and has been for the past 24 years.
I have never really known what to get him for gifts and now it is even more difficult to figure out what will make him smile.
His collection of shirts is the envy of all who see it.
Here are a few of his shirts:
I wanted to get him this shirt by Aunt Becky but I am pretty sure it wouldn’t go over well at the nursing home…or with my Mother-in-Law
I decided to draw him a picture.
Dad has always loved trains.
When he was well, he gave my son a Brio train set. He was soooo happy to be able to give that to my son.
We recently gave it to Chandler’s cousin and Dad was happy again to see another grandchild inherit the gift. Even with his dementia being as progressed as it is, he was completely aware of how special it was to see Chandler give his gift to his little cousin. Dad talked about the time when he gave it to Chandler with perfect clarity and he had a big smile on his face. It was wonderful.
I was going to draw a picture of a real train but I decided that Dad would be happier with a picture that reminded him of that Brio set and all that it means to us.
So I drew him this. It just needs a frame.
I really think he is going to like it!!
- Reprise: No fathers, just memories (whatsnottolaugh.wordpress.com)
- Father’s Day (trendythriftynow.com)
- Make Him Smile: Father’s Day love (mtwentysix.wordpress.com)
- 8 Last Minute Father’s Day Gifts for the Procrastinator’s Papa (inhabitat.com)
- Affordable Last Minute Father’s Day Gift Makes Dad Feel Like a Celebrity (prweb.com)
- The Best Father’s Day Gift So Far! (beansmonkeybusiness.com)
- Precious memories (doggonedmysteries.wordpress.com)
- New Gift ideas for dad specially for Father’s day (stephenydavid.typepad.com)
- Lewy Body Dementia and Receiving Social Security Disability (socialsecurityhome.com)
- Lewy Dementia (allthingsdementia.com)
- Parkinson’s Disease, Defined (thoughtcatalog.com)
I am not a reality TV fan and at one point, I remember saying, “How many more competition shows must we endure?”
Then IT happened! The heavens opened and Bravo’s Work of Art shone down upon us!!!!
I was hooked from day one.
I DVR’ed every episode EVERY time it was on. I didn’t care if it was repeat number 5! I couldn’t get enough of this show!!!
The first season aired.
Time came for Season 2….and went.
After a year without my obsession, Season 2 aired (when Season 3 should have been on, had they been on schedule).
My love affair with Work of Art resumed!!
Now the time has come for Season 3, which technically should be Season 4 and we still don’t know if Bravo has decided to air it.
Please, Bravo! Please please please!!!!
Don’t take the ONLY reality/competition show I like away from me!
While I was enjoying my visit at the Six-Fingered Monkey’s blog, I read his post about the oddest thing he has seen (to date) in a cigarette butt bucket and I was instantly inspired!!!! I won’t tell you what it is because I want you to see for yourself. But what I am about to propose may give it away.
I already gave it away in the title, didn’t I?
Oh well. I am too lazy to think of a new title for this post so deal with it and we will move on.
Anyway….this is what I am suggesting you do.
1) Visit The Six-Fingered Monkey’s post HERE
2) Read the post…or at least look at the picture in the post.
3) Think of a story about the picture…past, present, future… It can be any genre (yes, I know college words) you like. Comedy, suspense, biography…autobiography…play, poem, video. As long as the subject of the picture is somehow included in the story!!
4) Post your Panty Story (or video) on your blog and link this post as well as the Six-Fingered Monkey’s post.
5) Come back to my blog and put a link to your story in the comment section here.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE A BLOG, PUT YOUR STORY, POEM, OR LINK TO VIDEO IN THE COMMENT SECTION.
I will then post all of the links together in one post. I think it will be interesting (to say the least) and who knows? This may just be the thing that gets us all stupid-famous and Paparazzi-worthy!!!
This can be big if you make it big! Hell, I may even make this a monthly meme with a bona fide button and everything!!! Whatta ya say? Are you in??
Here is my contribution to get you started:
There once was a pair of thongs
That witnessed a crap-load of wrongs
But she was loyal to The Missus
Keeping secret all her kisses
Now she’s surrounded by butts after being surrounded by dongs.
“Red Red Wine”
I can’t say who and why I drew this because the person will see it on Facebook. I just hope they like it when they get it! I am thrilled with how it came out. I just need a black frame.
Charcoal and colored pencil on paper.
And now that I have this song in my head, you can too! You are welcome!!
- Ub40 (alittlebitofthisandalittlebitofthat.wordpress.com)
I finished my latest drawing today and I am very excited!! It is a gift for a friend of mine. The butterfly is a tattoo she has on her breast.
Charcoal and Chalk Pastel on Paper
Medium: Cardboard (pre-made) book shell, Polymer clay, paper, gloss medium
My sculptured book telling my feelings about the DSM.
The DSM is the Psychology Bible and although I understand its usefulness (at times), mostly I just can’t stand the book and its use. I believe it overshadows the humanism in the field of counseling. Instead of encouraging the counselor and worse, the client to see the client as a human being, it encourages the use of labeling the client as “disordered.” Of course, the book fights against this accusation by placing a clause in it stating that we are to refer to someone as a “person with schizophrenia” rather than “schizophrenic” but we all know that is just to cover its ass.
I DO recognize that there are some very real disorders in this book. I also recognize that there are some really bogus ones in here and I also recognize that if we look hard enough, there is not one person alive that would not be diagnosed with a psychological disorder.